My moods

Some days are more eventful than others. Some days have more blog fodder than others.

For example, yesterday I could have written a diatribe against hackers in Scranton, Pennsylvania and women who sit in the "ladies lounge" adjacent to the bathroom at work, but I didn't. It just didn't get written.

Today, I could write about things I'm excited about for the future, but I'm not sure I'm 100% ready to announce things in such a public domain.

I scoffed at someone for being too private the other day and not sharing happy news, but in reality, today I know how she feels. Some days I just don't have the energy to be excited, even when things are really exciting. Some days I just feel like weeping for no reason and a long nap and a glass of wine sounds like the best options ever.

Exciting news. Exhaustion. Weepy moods. Wine.

By this point, you were probably thinking that I'm pregnant and just hinting at it and then I probably made you gasp with the wine comment. No, I'm not pregnant. Yes, sometimes I find wine a delicious little treat. No, I will not mix wine with pregnancy whenever that happens.

So, there are some of my thoughts for the day. I think it's been too long of a week, but I'm still looking forward to a Christmas party tomorrow night. I'm sad to be saying goodbye to good friends this week, but anxiously awaiting Saturday morning when I'll get to sleep in. I'm looking forward to seeing family this month, but not relishing all of the driving, flying, money-spending traveling that it entails. Even in a dour, weepy mood like I'm in today though, I'm really really thankful for my Savior. Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free.

That's worth getting excited about. That's worth a toast ;)

 

2 comments:

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

were you referring to me when you scoffed? :) I hope all is well. Moods are funny.

Ginny said...

Oh gosh...I love this post because I am exactly the same way. I swear we are mood soul mates. ;)


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win