News - NOT pregnant :)

Apparently, my last few posts have hinted at something that makes you all think I am pregnant. I know this because I have gotten e-mails, messages and comments from you asking if I am with child. Let me reiterate: We are not having a baby. Not that we know of anyways, right now. :) All my sweet new mom friends keep getting so excited for us when they think we're pregnant, but we are not and we're OK with that right now. There's a lot of other big changes on the horizon....

So, since it's a slowish day and there's not much else to write about, I'll share the news that we've been keeping kind of hush-hush. We had not told our bosses until this week, but now that we have, I don't feel inhibited about telling you that we're moving.

To Denver.

I'm really, really excited and THANKFUL for the direction the Lord has given us. Some of you knew already, and some of you knew this was something we've been thinking about/praying about for months, but we committed about a month ago, so come July (yes, I know it's a long ways off) we'll be packing up and heading across the country.

We have been meeting with the team members of Soma Church, one of the first church plants of our current church, The Summit. While we LOVE Summit, Soma has become our small, tight-knit community over the last several months especially, so when they asked us to consider joining them, we eventually agreed. It took us a while, but we're so glad we've thrown our lot in with them! :) Many of you know we are passionate about seeing God change lives through the church, especially in areas where there are none to few Bible-teaching bodies of believers. That's why we want to plant a church in a few years in Salt Lake City.

This transition to Denver will be a great opportunity for us to live on mission on a daily basis, to be around a lot of people who need to hear about God's grace, and to learn and grow as church planters so that in a couple of years we will be prepared to plant another church out of Soma in SLC.

So - that's it in a nutshell. We're excited. Like REALLY excited. I'm so thankful for the Lord's direction in moving us purposefully forward into what he is calling us to do. I'm so thankful for my husband's leadership in this. I'm thankful for my church(es) - both of them!

P.S. - Here's the prayer card for our group. Please be in prayer for us and the leadership of Soma as we prepare.

 

5 comments:

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

WOW that is so exciting! I figured you were moving. I will be praying for you guys and the team.

Unknown said...

Very exciting ... New follower and all.. and I am glad that you are ok with not being with child..

Michelle said...

Yay! How exciting! You know, I think I knew it was that, actually. I thought about writing you, "Well, if you're not pregnant, then you must be moving to Denver." And I saw the card on Kristel's site...totally didn't notice that you were in it because I forgot you went brunette!

Anonymous said...

YAYYY!!!!!

Ginny said...

Yay Lauren, this is so exciting! I am happy for you both :)


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win