Weekend photo shoot

Over the long Memorial Day weekend, I got a chance to take my new camera out for a spin and do my first-ever photo shoot! It was HOT, HOT, HOT (and I'm not just talking about the good-looking soon-to-be parents), and we were all melting a few minutes in. That's Memorial Day weekend in the South, I guess. Mid 90s (even at 7:15) and humidity thick enough to bathe in.

However, Anthony and Stephanie were such good sports. Steph and I have been friends since college, when she and I bonded over a love of boys and fear of heights one January. We lived together a semester, then she moved off and got married. When I got married, she was one of my bridesmaids, since she and her husband had moved to NC by that point. They have been such good friends to us, and I'm so excited for them to become parents to little Amos! They're going to do great. They're in a similar boat as we are (although, plus bebe, obviously). Like us, they're in a transition time as they're getting ready to move (before the birth? After?) to Murfreesboro, TN to help start City Church.

Before we move, and before they move, and before she doesn't feel like moving around as much, we all wanted to go out and have a little maternity session! Since it was my first time, I'm really thankful they were such good sports - going to an abandoned building, sitting in awkward positions and maneuvering around whenever the fancy struck me. I have a ways to go with my skills, but I was pleased with the results of this first shoot.Thanks for being patient with me, being flexible (seriously! You amazed me, Steph) and letting me try and capture these final days before Amos arrives in July.

Love you guys!

P.S. Check out their album I put up on Facebook.






 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first shoot! I think you did well for your first time and it's soo great that you did these photos for your friends. They will definitely cherish them.

Megan Barley said...

these are awesome pictures! so exciting that you are doing "shoots" now. yeah!!!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win