Vanderburg Valen-times

This is the chronicle of our first Valentine's Day as a married couple!

Ok, ok, maybe it won't be a chronicle, as that would entail me probably telling you every little detail, and my dear husband is a more private person than I am, so here's the highlight reel:

Friday - We volunteered at the Special Olympics of Wake County basketball competition and had a grand time. It was fun to do something like that together and the kids were super sweet and so excited. We watched Couples Retreat (really good) while eating some fajitas (yummy yum yum) and then made a pallet on the floor and watched Zombie Land - which I also enjoyed, minus the face-eating (literally) scenes. Ben snuggled with us all night once we were on his level.

Saturday was a wonderfully slow day - slept in and took a walk in the snow before it melted. We started watching FlashForward, which we're both pretty much hooked on now! Did some cleaning and then made Adrian his chocolate Valentine's day pie and a spicy shrimp pasta for dinner. More FlashForward and then bedtime.

On V-Day itself, we went to the Summit, where we are starting down the road to joining, and then to dinner and a movie (I know you're surprised, haha). It's too cold to do anything random outside, so we went to the theater and watched Mel Gibson kick some butt in "Edge of Darkness." Afterwards was Carabba's, coffee at Caribou and grocery shopping. To cap it off, we watched the "Bride" episode of Smallville.....Um, we both thought it would be more along the lines of a romantic episode, not expecting the bride would be stolen by a beast on her wedding day. Weird.

All in all, it was a great time to relax and spend time together. It's kind of crazy to me how I don't get sick of hanging out with the same person all the time. In fact, I rather enjoy it! I'm so glad the Lord loved us both enough to stand in the gap for us, and I'm so glad he loves us enough to give us good gifts like amazing husbands. Oh, the blessings :)

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're joining the Summit?! Awesome!

Let me know if you want to come to our next Denver meeting... Sunday..7:30pm.


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win