Tennessee flooding

Hi friends - Just wanted to share a link to some pictures from the flood in middle and west Tennessee over the weekend.

I went to college in Jackson, TN and spent a lot of time in Nashville, so it really saddens me to see parts of both cities so devastated by water. Makes you think of the flood God sent so many years ago - the greatest natural disaster in all of human history. When we see pictures of this flood, let it be a reminder to us of God's mercy and grace - first to Noah and his family for sparing them and using them to bring forth the Deliverer. Secondly, let us remember the mercy and grace of God in his promise that "He makes everything new," and he will, once again, give new life to His people, even in the midst of tragedies.

Here's the link.

Let's remember to pray for Tennesseeans, that God would open their eyes to the opportunity they still have to turn to him and cry out for mercy.

 

1 comments:

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the pics. I still can't believe how bad the flooding is.

Also, about you last post, I'm happy that you and A have had a great month of traveling and time with friends!! I miss my friends :)


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win