Launch day

Today is the day. Our little man-child is about to sprout his wings and fly into the dorms.

Thanks for the offers of stuff to give him and encouragement about the situation. We had a successful day of yard-saleing and Share Shopping on Saturday and John walked away with a lot of good stuff for his new dorm room. I'm waiting to hear from A that they have his keys, and then I'm going to go be a good little Mom and take my camera and document the moving-in festivities.

Don't be fooled - I'm not planning on hauling stuff into the dorm, just documenting it :) I'm on day #3 of migraines/period headaches that make me sick to my stomach and just want to sleep, so unless my (unfortunately, still-sick) husband really needs me to help carry things, I think I may sit this one out.

After John is all moved in, I'd like to say we'll be empty-nesters, but alas, we won't be. Roommate and wife and baby are in town all week, then my mom comes in this weekend. I'm hoping my mother is game to help me refinish a table I found that has been sitting on our porch since LAST time she visited! That time, there was snow on the ground. Don't judge me for how long it takes me to get to projects. Anyways, I don't know how Mom will feel about that, but we shall see. Also on the docket? Some golf. It's been a while, and I'm excited!

Anyways, I swiped this idea from a friend's blog and wanted to see if I could do it. Thirty days of me. Sounds scintillating, right? I know. Anyways, I think it will be a good personal challenge to see if I can blog for 30 days straight, since, as my blog manager Kristel will tell you, all the good bloggers blog daily! Haha.

So, here goes with day #1!

30 Days of ME
Day 1: Your favorite song: Painting Pictures of Egypt by Sara Groves
I don't know if I can honestly say I have ONE favorite song, but this one would be darn near the top of the list. Not only do I love Sara Groves' music, but I love this song for the myriad of times it has reminded me that, like the Israelites who wandered in the desert, longing for Egypt, I have a tendency to romanticize the past rather than running confidently and with faith toward the future the Lord has promised me. I too often yearn for the mediocre and the comfortable, rather than trusting God's promises to bring me into sweeter fellowship with Him and to do good for me. Sometimes the current situation seems so rough, and the unknown future seems even more bleak, and this song is a much-needed reminder that the Father in Heaven desires to bring me into a land of milk and honey, if only I'll let him lead me into the inheritance he has prepared for me.

Day 2: Your favorite movie
Day 3: Your favorite television program
Day 4: Your favorite book
Day 5: Your favorite quote
Day 6: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 7: A photo that makes you happy
Day 8: A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9: A photo you took
Day 10: A photo of you taken over ten years ago
Day 11: A photo of you taken recently
Day 12: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13: A fictional book
Day 14: A non-fictional book
Day 15: A fanfic
Day 16: A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17: An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
Day 18: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 19: A talent of yours
Day 20: A hobby of yours
Day 21: A recipe
Day 22: A website
Day 23: A YouTube video
Day 24: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 25: Your day, in great detail
Day 26: Your week, in great detail
Day 27: This month, in great detail
Day 28: This year, in great detail
Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30: Whatever tickles your fancy

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hah! Blog manager! I love it.

And I love this 30 Days of Me thing. I may join you in this challenge.

allison said...

If it makes you feel any better I also have a table on my porch. I have sanded it and applied one coat of stain. It has been there for several months and may remain a bit longer until I decide just how dark I want it to be. Then it will require another coat of sealer before we can even think about using it. Just thought you should know you aren't alone in taking forever to get around to a project.

Derek and Amanda said...

I like this 30 days of ME! I might start that on my blog! haha!! :) Nice!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win