FAIL

Day #2 of the "30 days of me" and I already forgot to update. FAIL. I totally thought about it yesterday and just forgot later! Whoops. And yes, Kristel and Amanda, you should definitely jump on board! I'd love to read it!

So anyways, here goes: Days #2 and #3, because I want to play catch-up!

Day 2: Your favorite movie
This is definitely a tie between two similar movies. I LOVE both Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias equally. Call me a sap, but both movies still tug on my heartstrings and make me tear up when I watch them.

Come on, Idgie, Buddy and the train in Fried Green Tomatoes? Or in Steel Magnolias - Meline, "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine...I'm FINE! I can jog all the way to Texas and back, but my daughter can't! She never could!"

Tell me those scenes don't make you weep a little. I love it. So cathartic. Plus, I've always respected the dual ideas of these strong women that know how to hold a family together, but yet remain ladies through it all.

And in Fried Green Tomatoes, I confess - the mystery of whether or not Mrs. Threadgoode is actually Idgie has always held me captive. I'm scared to research it and find out for sure. Theories?

Day 3: Your favorite television program

This one is easy. LOST. I am still SO sad at the fact that it is over, and still a little sad at the ending. I loved the show so much and wish they hadn't taken such a crappy worldview as the final escape route. Nonetheless, the characters were like good friends after six years of faithfully watching and I was sad to see them go. The mystery of it all, again, hooked me, for so long, and I'm still struggling to understand it and let it all go!

Thus, since LOST is over, I'm in search of a new favorite. We currently watch House, Chuck, 24, 30 Rock, Smallville and The Office - depending on our moods :) I've also been known to like reality trash such as Bachelor/Bachelorette, Hell's Kitchen, Biggest Loser, etc. Sue me :)

Alright friends, jump on board the 30-day train! I won't judge if you forget some days, too. It'll just be fun to read your answers!

 

5 comments:

allison said...

I will admit, I have also wondered about Mrs. Threadgoode being Idge...I go back and forth but it seems unlikely that she is although they allude in the end with the honey on the grave that she may be. I like the unknown too.

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

I love Steel Magnolias too :) I've always been a Dolly Parton fan deep down haha

Anonymous said...

Not gonna lie. I've never seen either of those movies...and I've never seen Lost either.

Alex and I love Gordon Ramsey's new show - Master Chef!

Amanda said...

and this is why we are friends.

Fried Green Tomatoes. I seriously thought I was the only one in the world that loved that movie.

I believe that Mrs. Threadgoode is actually Idgie.

Lauren V. said...

Hahaha....Dolly Parton. Is that the only reason you like that movie, Lindsay?! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one wondering about the two women...Maybe we'll always be in suspense.

And Kristel, since you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should watch the movies :) I'll join you! Haha. I doubt they'd be your taste, but I still think of them as classics!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win