Sick day

Yesterday, I stayed home with a migraine.

Today is our sixteen month anniversary AND Benny's 4th birthday! We've been planning all week on celebrating Ben's birthday together (the first time as a family - A would never admit before how much he loves our little mongrel, and therefore wouldn't agree to any celebrations) and on having a good date night out. Also? It FINALLY feels like beautiful weather and I wanted to go out and enjoy it!

Instead, I have what feels to be the beginnings of a yucky sickness, complete with a headache, super-sore throat and mild fever. And Ben....poor Benny. He woke up with a spider bite, one eye swollen shut, a swollen nose and itchies all over.

So today looks like this:  
Beautiful weather + anniversary + Ben's birthday = a great day
Beautiful weather + anniversary + Ben's birthday + me sick (again) + Ben sick + an unexpected trip to the vet = a disappointing, wish-I-wasn't-always-sick-on-fun-days day.

On the bright side - Ben has pills to pop and I can find some for me too. I'm going to salvage this promising day if it kills me. Which it might. It really, really might.

 

0 comments:


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win