No place to lay our heads...

O.k. shopper-savvy friends of mine. Time to help!

A and I were blessed by his parents with money to buy a new bed. After much deliberation, we bought a California King Serta Cushion Firm Eurotop mattress from Sam's (I LOVE that place!). The bed is great, albeit a wee bit firmer than my shoulders are used to, but we are struggling to dress the bed.

We have been looking and looking and looking, and struggling to find some bedding we both like. Part of the problem is that we're picky; part of the problem is that we're looking for a set that comes in a California King. Tricky tricky.

We have looked at the usual suspects: Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Dillard's, Overstock.com, etc. and to no avail.

Here's what we're going for: Something not too frou-frou or too manly. Something that is more along the lines of silk or slicker material (Ben hair gets stuck in it, otherwise), that will go with dark brown bedroom furniture, and with some color. The set we registered for was nice, but it was white and gray and expensive, so we nixed it. We generally can agree on things that are blue (NOT Carolina blue, mind you) and brown, but I don't think we're locked into that.

Any of you have suggestions on where to look? We'd love to find something soon. Anyways, maybe this will be a fun project for you to give a go - Happy hunting :)

 

4 comments:

kathy said...

California King + Not plain-ol'-cotton = tricky, tricky, tricky. And/or spendy. I think you're going to have more luck online than at a brick and mortar store (though, that being said, I think Macy's would be the likeliest candidate). I'm afraid I don't have any brilliant suggestions as I'm rocking the totally-available queen bed, but overstock.com appears to have some options.

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

what's wrong with Carolina Blue? haha

Anonymous said...

I like these from Crate & Barrel...

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1626&f=33449

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1626&f=33448

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1626&f=31812

Daniel and Tiffany said...

I'm on it like white on rice...bahaha I am so weird


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win