One is the loneliest number

Yup, it's true what they say - one IS the loneliest number.

Thank the Lord for Ben or I'd be lonely tonight!

A is out of town tonight saying goodbye to one of his old youth who's enlisting, so that means I am flying solo for the first night in a while (at least a month ;) It's been weird, but good. Kind of normal for me to be alone in an apartment - just not normal in this apartment. But, like a trusty sidekick, Ben is here for laughs and companionship. Currently, I'm giggling because he's trying to smell a photo album and doing it so sweetly - sitting, lifting his paws in the air....and falling over backwards. He's fast as a whip, but I never claimed he was coordinated!

Anyways, on my night alone I am watching HGTV, making some soup for a ladies' lunch tomorrow and cleaning/organizing, something I haven't been able to do with a man in the house! Kidding. Sort of.

My goal for the night? To find my box of Christmas decor! Granted, I will NOT be putting it up until after Thanksgiving. I like to enjoy my holidays one at a time, thankyouverymuch. But, in the chaos that is our apartment currently, the Christmas stuff is MIA and I want to find it so I can decorate when we get back :)

So, at least I have a lot to keep my busy tonight, right? Ben, baking and burrowing for Christmas supplies....Oh, what a night!

 

3 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany said...

The first time away from Daniel for the whole night was hard for me too! Glad you have a trusty sidekick :) Love you!

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

I usually get more done when Matt works late but I do miss him. Have a happy Thanksgiving! I'm still waiting on those wedding pics. Please :)

allison said...

The first night I spent alone after we were married was really weird. It was well over 2 years into our marriage and the hardest thing for me was sleeping alone. It was really strange. Even now, on the rare occasion that I'm home alone, I usually fall asleep on the couch first.


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win