Huge deer, hunky hubby and the Hulk

Only in Wyoming would a herd of gigantic deer come into the front yard and help themselves to the crab apples off the tree. Not only are they huge, but they're incredibly tame, standing still and looking at my MIL as she walked right past them. Most of you know I pretty much hate deer, after an incident with my Dad's car and several too-close encounters, but, I have to say, sitting inside and seeing them so up close, with no car danger in sight, was kind of cool.


After church this morning, we had sandwiches and then went over to the veterinarian's house for a post-wedding reception they wanted to throw for us. It was interesting to meet some of the Wyoming peeps, and there was lots of tasty food! Here we are at our reception :)


Also, I learned a valuable lesson tonight - never take your gloves off, no matter how hot you are. In 25+ mile an hour winds, they are likely to get lost, even if I think it's all under control. It wasn't, and if it weren't for the sleuthing of my husband, we would have lost one of my nice new leather gloves on the mountain in the dark!

Anyways, that's all for the day. Now, off to watch The Hulk! Nighty night.

 

1 comments:

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

where did you get that cool jacket?!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win