Regression

Adulthood is no fun sometimes. Days that focus on health insurance, car insurance, finances and the like definitely damper my enthusiasm for "being a big kid." What did I know about what was to come when I was young, and fun and free? Ah....the good old days :)

Second grade soccer: This was the year I didn't want to be the goalie, so I took off my socks and cleats and sat in the goal in protest.


Winners at the TN Valley Fair! Shadow and I were Little Miss Muffett and the spider.


One year in the circus, circa 1992. Yes, I said one year. I was in the circus two years - secret's out. It was awesome :) (That is a flaming match in my mouth, by the way.)


Me and my brother - hotties, even at a young age. I don't understand why the modeling career never took off for us.


When life gets tough, the tough get going to clown skill. And you thought my skills were natural ;)


Ok, that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed this peak into my past!

 

7 comments:

Michelle said...

The CIRCUS?!?! I think "progression" should be the title of this post, then, not "regression"! :-)

Jenn said...

These pictures...OH man how they made my day! Especially the circus one!

kathy said...

I remember your being in the circus being frequent fodder for "two truths and a lie."

Anonymous said...

You were in the circus?!?! That's amazing!

allison said...

I would argue that the environment in which you currently work may still resemble the circus on some days. Love the pictures. They are a good glimpse into young Lauren's life. I hope you and Adrian are doing well.

Daniel and Tiffany said...

Your childhood was much MUCH more exciting than mine...flaming sticks? Little Miss Moffatt!?

I love it :)

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

Well I believed you when you said you were in the circus but now I REALLY believe you! HAHA those pictures were great!!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win