The Tortillas

I was pretty perky yesterday, although it was Monday. I had had a good time in the Word, a visit from my friends Courtney and Laura and new baby Gavin, and enjoyed the giggles from my trip to the store. Despite the good things, I did have a headache, but that's par for the course for me after a day in the office.

When I went to Wal-Mart for the weekly grocery-shopping trip, all was going well until the bread aisle. I was squatting down, looking for the price on the whole-grain tortillas I wanted to buy, when I suddenly felt a pile of bricks hit me on the top of my head.

Ok, ok, it wasn't bricks, but it sure as heck felt like it. An apparently impatient woman couldn't wait for me to move and reached up from behind me to grab a bag of tortillas. An apparently huge bag of tortillas. 200 to be exact.

So after it hit me, I just sat there and started to cry. She said "Sorry!" and ran off. Her daughter giggled at me from behind the end-cap.

After I got up, called A and cried, I went back to see exactly how much the 200 tortillas that hit me weighed.

4.6 pounds. Nearly 5 pounds of corn and oil combined that whacked me in the head. Wow-sers.

To say it hurt would be an understatement.

Why do these things happen to me? I thought being a Crane meant I was clumsy. I have more mishaps as a Vanderburg than I ever did before. Gracious. When I got home though, a sweet surprise awaited me.


The night we first met, creative little me told A I liked to eat tortillas like this - making them into a face first. It was only one of the many quirky and endearing things I do that won his heart ;) I'm so thankful for him, how he cares for me, and the little things he does that make life with him oh-so sweet, even when things are painful.

 

1 comments:

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

oh my gosh that is soo funny!!!! I can't believe she did that and just ran off, talk about hit and run! That is the cutest and swetest thing that Adrianne did! So sweet!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win