March recap

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.

Today is the first "full" day of work for me in a long time - like two weeks. Considering that my Tuesdays are short b/c of doctor's visits each week, I guess it really can't be considered a full day. Even yesterday, after over-doing it cleaning on Sunday, was too difficult for me and I lasted a grand total of about 11 hours - from 10:30 to 9:30. So technically, tomorrow (if I last all day!) will be my first really full day at work in 3 weeks. That. is. crazy.

If you aren't aware, I got bitten by the mono bug a few weeks ago and have been down and out for a while. (I'm kidding - there is no bug that gives you mono. Don't freak out.) In all of my free time, you may be asking, what have we been up to? Not a whole lot exciting going on here, that's for sure.

I would sleep most days until 10:30 or 11, and get up and take my time getting ready in the morning. I'd read, spend some time in the Word, eat lunch and take a nap. Afternoons brought A home from either the bookstore where he studies or his new job at Bruegger's, which he goes to at 4:30 a.m.

We'd hang out, eat dinner (I haven't been cooking well for him lately though, it feels like) and then watch TV. About 10, I'd be ready to crash again. Thankfully, the Lord blessed me with mono during March Madness, so there has been a lot on TV to watch, basketball-wise. We've also rented several movies (had a mini-Bond marathon) and eaten a lot of junk food.

I'd take the opportunity of being at home to clean a lot and sometimes cook something new and different. Thus far, we've seen a Funfetti cake, fresh guacamole, chocolate chip muffins, banana bread and more grace the tops of our counters. Add to that the fact that I am a slug and haven't been doing hardly any physical activity (unless you count taking out the dog) and I am packing on the pounds again. Ugh.

So yeah, there's our March recap, I guess. The fever hit hard and strong on the 11th, after following days of stomach issues, so it really has been the entire month almost. I miss spring-time :( I miss feeling healthy and romping in the sunshine. Dear Lord, please help me feel 100% again soon.

So there you go. Sorry for the blog silence, but I didn't want to overdose you all on "boring". Hope you've all had a good March and enjoyed the basketball, sunshine and good health!

 

1 comments:

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

hope you get to feeling better soon! Try to rest as much as possible!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win