Giving thanks

I often complain on here about little things that go wrong, and I shouldn't. Although they may be funny, I should spend more time talking about the blessings the Lord has given me and how I evidently see his hand working in my life - for my good and his glory. So, a few little things that happened recently:

1) We had gotten a $700+ bill from the lab that did my blood work and diagnosed me with mono. That was not good. I was fretting about it and quite worried we would have to pay it, but resubmitted it with my insurance provider. Yesterday I got the new bill, post-insurance. $81. God is good. I am so thankful for taking care of that burden and enabling us to continue paying off debt!

2) Last night I also realized God has provided for me providentially, timing-wise. I have doctor's visits once a week, usually on Tuesday afternoons. The other day, A realized next week's visit was on Thursday. I was initially irritated at the interruption to the normal schedule, but last night I realized that Monday and Tuesday, A and I will be at the Advance the Church conference at our church. Praise the Lord, we don't have to leave the conference early to go to my appointment - we'll be able to attend the whole conference!

3) We have been planning to visit SC and go see a former member of A's youth group who will be home on leave for a couple of weeks. After A got home Sunday night, we realized how financially strapped we were this month after the week away. Monday morning, the pastor at A's old church called and asked if A would preach the next two weeks. They'll pay our expenses as well as pay him, so a trip that was going to cost us even more is now taken care of, plus A gets to preach. Plus, we're going to go to the beach and eat some seafood. Praise God ;)

How has the Lord been providing for you?

"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night." - Psalm 92:1-2

 

3 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany said...

I love this post! Praise God for His many blessings. This little baby growing in me is a constant reminder of His Faithfulness and Sovereignty over and in all things, even 2 inch babies! Praise God, from Whom ALL belssings flow....

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good to hear how God has been working these blessings in your life.

How has the Lord been providing for me? Well he's been providing me with the strength to finish up this semester! hah. Also, I was sooo worried at the beginning of the semester that I wouldn't be able to get all my counseling hours done...but looks like I'll have more than enough hours by the end. Praise the Lord! I was really fretting about that. I'm so thankful that he's brought counselees into my life.

Lauren V. said...

Thanks for sharing! Yay for 2 inch babies and answers to school prayers. Blessings :)


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win