Blond moments...

Last night, A and I were watching "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" It's a cutesy romantic comedy in which the main couple witnesses a murder and gets put into the Witness Protection Program.

After seeing this man murdered, they're informed they'll be protected by the U.S. government, and they're introduced to their protectors - Marshal Lasky and Marshal Henderson.

(Cue blond moment) I laughed and looked at A and said, "Ha! It's funny they named both of them Marshall!"

He looked at me and shook his head and said, "Babe. It's not their names. It's their title - U.S. Marshal...."

Right. I knew that.

I think it's been a while since I've had just obvious blond moments. Hopefully, they won't stick around for much longer, since I'm going to dye my hair dark very soon! We're heading to Florida for the Southern Baptist Convention next week, and after that, I'm going in to get acquainted with my dark side ;) There is a Mitchell's Salon school in Raleigh, so I'm going to take advantage of their $30 color and $8 haircut. If it looks horrible, blame it on a student!

I've had my hair dark a couple of times before, and I'm ready to do it again. Bored and needing change, you know? Plus, my hubby thought I was a brunette for the first 6 months he was pursuing me and he liked me dark, so we're full-steam ahead in the Vanderburg house!

 

4 comments:

kathy said...

I don't know that I've ever seen pictures of a brunette Lauren. This time around?

Anonymous said...

Ooo...I love it.
I need to take advantage of that deal! I need a change. Where is this school???

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

I think it will look great. I was thinking of doing the opposite but I'm not sure I want to pay the price to keep it up...we'll see

Lauren V. said...

Pictures will come, I'm sure. Thanks for the encouragement! Kristel, the place is off of Buck Jones Road, down near Cary I think. You should definitely check it out. Lindsay, there might be a place that does it cheap (like a school, like we have) where you could keep the color up for cheap. Although, you were glowing last weekend, so if you don't do anything you're still beautiful!


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win