Day #4 of me

Day 4: Your favorite book

Why am I doing this? I hate when people ask me to pick favorites, because I always really like more than one thing! It's too hard to choose.

The church-y answer to this question of the day would be "my Bible." And I do really love my Bible. It's the one book I can turn to for comfort, for wisdom, for truth, and to grow deeper in my relationship with the Lord. But hopefully, if you're a believer, you already agree with me about that!

Thus, the tie for my favorite book would have to be between Timeline by Michael Crichton (SO GOOD) and Jacob Have I Love by Katharine Patterson - both based purely on how long I have loved them both.

JHIL was my favorite all growing up. For some reason, I really identified with the main character, it seemed, plus I loved her wit and adventures.

Timeline got me interested in medieval history and also made me a fan of pseudo-science-fantasy fiction. I haven't read it in a long time, so perhaps my current self would have different views of it, but it was a really good read.

Thus, those are my longevity favs. I also really like most John Grisham and Jodi Picoult and really loved reading the Chronicles of Narnia. So there you have it! My favorite.....s.

Oh blast. I really suck at picking one.

 

0 comments:


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win