Day #9, Month #10, and Project #4,397

Day 9: A photo you took

I took this photo years ago, while working at a medical clinic in Guatemala. The kids were supposed to be in class, learning, but since a bunch of what faces had set up a free clinic in the courtyard of their school - their attention went elsewhere. They were beautiful and hopeful and such a stark contrast to the hard life we saw and heard evidences of throughout the countryside.

In non-challenge news, you asked for "before" and "after" pictures of the table I refinished. I wish I could say I had the forethought to take pictures of it way back when I picked it up off the side of the road, but I didn't. Nor did I take pictures of it at any of the 12,000 points I took the plastic off to work on it. That was usually because I got frustrated so fast and went back inside angry at the table and angry at myself for grabbing it! Ha.

But, I will try to remember to take some good shots of it tonight (while there are some sunflowers Mom bought for us on it!) and post them tomorrow.

Speaking of sunflowers, which were our wedding flower, today is our 10-month anniversary! I can't believe it was 2 months ago that we were celebrating in South Carolina, and I can't believe 2 months from now will be a YEAR!! Crazy. We're trying to figure out exactly what to do for the anniversary (which A calls our honeymoon ;). Any suggestions?

 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, we went to a secluded bed and breakfast for our fist anniversary. It was nice because it was NICE, but since we only went for one night it wasn't ridiculously expensive. Depends on if you're after quality or quantity what you might want to do, I guess. :-)

Derek and Amanda said...

We had some friends offer for us to use their cabin in Boone and we loved it! We went for a long weekend. It was one of the best trips since our honeymoon! :)


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win