The table and more pictures

Hurrah! It's Friday! This is the first weekend coming up without any major plans in a while (since my paintings for the bedroom and my table for the dining room are done). The only thing around the house I plan on accomplishing is resting, cleaning the bathtub and cleaning the turtle tank (yes, I have turtles. Don't judge). So, I'm pretty excited to get home and start this weekend! But before then, I'll share some pictures with you!

Here's the finished table:

It's not quite as green as it appears in this top picture, more along the lines of the photo below. The table is going to be a little desk/stuff/serving table.

Always a helper, that Benny boy.

What happened when I tried to take pictures with him - every time. He loves giving kisses when least wanted!

And now, for the "challenge" days for yesterday and today...
Day 10: A photo of you taken over ten years ago

My brother, Brian, and I on the dock of our house in Florida. I was probably three or so in this picture, so it's more like a 20 year old picture. This one was taken nine years ago, so closer! I rocked that super-short hair for a reaaallllyyy long time :)

Day 11: A photo of you taken recently
This one wasn't super-recent, but it was taken in May with my husband. We were getting ready to commemorate the final episode of LOST with a LOST party I threw for us :) Good times!

That's all from me for now! Have a fantastic weekend!

 

3 comments:

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

oooh i love the cute desk! I want to paint our dining room table that's a rescue from craigslist but the hubby comes from a family where painting wood is considered a major crime....so I might have to just show them how great it can look!

Michelle said...

I love the table! Oh, how I long to be able to settle down and decorate...

And you're right, you rocked the short haircut!

Lauren V. said...

Thanks! Lindsay, I don't know that I would have painted the table if I hadn't gotten so frustrated trying to sand it down and get all the OLD paint off! It was embedded in the wood, and so I just painted over the top. However, I do like how it turned out, so maybe that's a lesson for me too!

And Michelle, I know that desire. The table is the result of MONTHS of wanting to settle in and decorate. Darn nesting instinct ;)


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win