Friday afternoon

It's Friday afternoon. I'm yawning. Work is done for the week, and it has been a busy week! We had lots of guests on campus for BOT and BOV, which meant that in addition to my full week back in the office, I was BUSY.

So, as I sit here, sleepily, I am inwardly super excited about the next few days to come.

Tonight: Fajitas and maybe going to see The Town. I found a great deal on movie tickets the other day - 4 for $20.

Tomorrow: Hanging around the house, cleaning up some, making chili and watching some Nebraska football. My dear husband is SUPER excited to watch the game, and I'll be sporting my one and only football shirt - a Cornhuskers baseball tee.

Sunday we're off to the beach for a couple of days. 'Why?' you may ask. To celebrate our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! That is crazy. I have been trying to think of some inexpensive/significant gift ideas (we're going to the beach, that's enough of a gift, but I still want to do something for him!) and at the moment I'm coming up dry. However, as I've been looking back through this blog (which is almost a year old now, maybe I'll do a birthday celebration...) and looking through photos, it's amazing how much we've done in the last year and all the memories we've made. It's been fun reminiscing.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts on marriage/anniversaries, etc. to write about soon, but as mentioned: It's Friday and I'm tired.

Have an excellent weekend! I know we will :)

 

5 comments:

sara said...

i can't believe you've already been married for a year! you're all grown up, little! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
For our first I gave Alex a scrapbook documenting out first year together...though technically I didn't give it to him until the next Christmas (took me a while to finish it up, lol).
But anyway, it was inexpensive and we both love it.

Michelle said...

I was going to suggest doing a scrapbook/photo book on snapfish or a similar site. I don't think I got Shannon anything for our first anniversary, but one of those would have been cool...

Matt and Lindsay Bledsoe said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Derek and Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!! :) I hope you guys had a great time at the beach!! :)


About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something transplanted Southerner - in love with my Savior and in love with my husband. As we move from urban-loft dwellers to home-owners and parents, feel free to share in the happenings around the VanderHouse.

Follow Me On Twitter

Ebates: Get Cash Back!

Swagbucks: Earn gift cards & prizes!

Search & Win